Monday, April 11, 2011

Colt's Primary Talk...Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer

In December, our family again finished reading the Book of Mormon, so my parents decided we should read the Newe Teswtament as a family. We are now reading in Acts. Over the past few months, I've learned so much about my Savior, Jesus Christ. My testimony has been strengthened as we've read together about the birth of Jesus Christ and how He came from heaven to live on earth as a mortal man. We've read about His time on earth and how He taught men the higher law. How He spent time as a boy, in the temple, being about His Father's work. We've read how He blessed the sick, how He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see and how He even raised people from the dead. But, I especially love to hear how He caused the deaf to hear. I have an aunt who is deaf, but I know that one day she will be able to hear again. It probably won't happen until Jesus comes on earth again, but I know that only through Him she will be able to hear. While Jesus lived on earth there were only a few who loved Him and learned of His words and followed Him. If we listen carefully, we can hear the same invitation He gave to Peter and to Philip and to all of His disciples..."Come, Follow me." Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He is the perfect example for all of us. He taught us how to treat others with kindness. He taught us how to serve one another. He taught us how to be better. He taught us that we can live with Him and Heavenly Father by obeying the commandments and doing our best. We need to follow Jesus Christ every day. There are friends to serve and good deeds to be done and I know that when we follow Him, we are happy. My sister, Ashlyn, has a favorite hymn. It's "I Know that my Redeemer Lives." She loves this song because she knows Jesus Christ is her Savior and Redeemer and she knows 'He lives to silence all her fears.' She is a great example to me. Colt then bore his testimony about Christ and about knowing President Monson is the prophet today. He did a great job!