Thursday, December 16, 2010

Spending a Night Downtown...

Our good friend, Amy, gave us tickets to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with David Archuletta on Friday night, so Garrett arranged for us to spend the night downtown at the Hilton. We decided the girls and I would go to the concert and he would hang with the boys at the hotel, so with an extra ticket McKenna invited Sadie to come along.

We left right after school and drove to the Gallivan center to ice skate. We've done this the last few years and the kids love it...they talk about this tradition every year so we went again. We finished skating and headed over to Carls Jr to grab dinner to take to the hotel and meet Garrett but I had parked on a slight hill and lately we've had a problem with the Yukon whenever we park on a hill and it's low on gas...it wouldn't start, so five kids and I along with our dinner made our way to the hotel just a few blocks away (luckily). We quickly ate dinner and the girls and I walked to the Tabernacle at Temple Square for the concert while the boys took care of the Yukon and then watched a movie. The high point of the concert was definitely seeing and hearing David sing, he was awesome!

We all slept tight that night and enjoyed IHOP in the morning then home to great grandma Sill's Christmas party.