The first competition of the season is always a bit of a dress rehearsal for the teams and for moms, too. It seems I'm never fully ready, or I don't have the right color lipstick or enough safety pins and this time was no different. But, I've stocked her dance bag with the right color lipstick, more bobby pins, safety pins, hairspray and bought a show routine box so things should run more smoothly next week for her many costume changes...I think she had 5 total.
Ashlyn is a beautiful dancer and even has a solo in their 'Superman' lyrical. I have loved to watch her dance for many years now and it hasn't changed...she is emotional and serious and has perfect facials when she dances and I love spending the day with her (when she's not mad at me for tucking in a bra strap or telling her to pin up her top so it doesn't hang down too far and show too much) ahhh, gotta love a pre-teen!