Thursday, March 1, 2012

Terrible Heartache...

Sunday, February 26th, a young, popular, out-going 15 year-old boy from the Syracuse stake across from ours took his own life. He lived just across 1000 West, next to the corner church. He went to Clearfield High and was good friends with our cute neighbor, Shae, and many of the youth in our ward. He went to elementary school with all of our youth and the parents around here have known his family for years. It's hit everyone pretty hard how quickly tragedy can come and how fragile life is. As I think about his parents and his brothers and sisters, my heart aches for them, yet I know there will be peace and comfort given to them from a loving Heavenly Father. This morning in my personal prayers I pleaded for my Heavenly Father to watch over his parents and I also asked Him to watch over this young man and then I cried for quite a while. There are many who need comforting at this time.
This morning, February 29th, I got a call from my friend telling me that another boy, the Jr Class President at Clearfield High, also took his life this morning the same way the other boy did. The youth around here are reeling...it's scary to think what may happen next.
Sunday, after hearing about the tragic news, we gathered our three oldest together and talked with them about suicide and told them there's nothing that can't be taken care of with the atonement, there's nothing that can't be overcome no matter how bad it seems. Satan is truly working hard on these youth, he knows their importance and their strength. Yet, power through the Priesthood and turning to our Heavenly Father through prayer is stronger.