Lately, photography is something she's been interested in and so she decided this was the medium she would choose. I gave a few pointers along the way, but she took it and ran with it.
She spent a few weeks trying to decide how she could best convey the theme: Beauty is... A few days ago she came to me and told me what she wanted to do. She had thought about taking pictures of the changing leaves, of flowers, but then she decided she wanted to take pictures of her sister, Ashlyn because to her beauty is having a sister. Wow! I was speechless and just hugged her when she told me...that's the best thing I could hear.
Ashlyn was totally up for it. Ashlyn loves the camera, loves to model and loves to smile...I knew she would be the perfect subject. McKenna picked out exactly what Ashlyn would wear, exactly how we would do her hair, exactly how Ashlyn would stand and even smile...there was no compromising, it was all up to her and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the outcome. I think she nailed it! 




I love my girls...just yesterday when the kids got home from school I was on the phone, so I went into my bedroom to finish my call away from all their rowdiness...I layed on the bed and McKenna peeked her head in, I finished my call and motioned for her to come lay next to me. We layed there for probably 15 minutes, not talking, just being together. McKenna's love language is definitely touch and I love that about her. I love that she still wants to snuggle when we watch a movie together or anytime we're next to each other. I hope she never gets too old or too big for her to let me just hold her in my arms. I need to take advantage of moments like that more often with my children. 