Saturday, August 21, 2010

Annual Maplewood Primary Temple Activity...

Our amazing primary presidency pulled off another adventure to the Ogden Temple. I know it's not easy and there is way too much that goes into coordinating schedules and rides, especially with so many boys in the middle of football season, but, because of their diligent efforts, it came together perfectly and I was lucky enough to tag along and get some fun pictures of the kids. Just a few 'Wyatt meltdowns moments' here and there and along the way because he was 'too hot', or 'too hungry' or 'too whatever...good thing for fruit snacks, crackers, water fountains and good little friends to goof off with (at the appropriate times).
I loved hearing the temple president speak of Elder Gary Stevenson's talk from general conference 2009 entitled 'Sacred Homes, Sacred Temples' wherein president Monson counsels us "as we touch the temple, the temple will touch us." Since hearing that on Friday, Wyatt has asked me everyday "mom, how does the temple touch me?" It's given me some great opportunities to testify to him how important it is to have our eye on the temple and to have our hand on the temple, to prepare now to go to the temple. Even though he is still so little, I know he understands, but maybe it's because he it so little that he does understand so easily. One morning after he asked asked about the temple and after I had answered his question, he just sat so still and so silent. I knew he was feeling a rememberance of what he had been taught in the pre existance. I just knew it and I'm thankful for that little teaching moment!! All the primary kids were encouraged to put their hand on the temple doors...I will cherish these pictures forever! I'm excited for McKenna and her dad to do baptisms for the dead this coming week...what an incredible opportunity.