Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ruth's Diner...

I remember going here and the ZCMI Tiffin Room as a young girl on special days with my mom and grandma and ordering the fruit boat and my mom and grandma have the same memories...so my mom thought it would be great to start the tradition before a new school year begins with my girls.
We met at Ruth's Diner up Immigration Canyon and enjoyed a perfect afternoon lunch. We sat down at our table on the beautiful patio our back and enjoyed a few minutes in the shade, then the sun began peeking through a small opening of trees right above us, at one point we were all snuggled together on one end of the table to keep out of the sun, then our cute server brought over an umbrella...it was a funny sight to see 5 women packed on one side of this big table.
We laughed so hard at our cute grandma B...her short-term memory is failing, but she's such a good sport about everything. She debated between ordering a hamburger or eggs and bacon. Finally after much consideration she decided on the eggs and bacon...before the server came for our order we kept asking her what she wanted...she would say "I can have eggs anytime...I'll have the hamburger," then a minute would pass and we'd ask her again...then she would say "I really want the eggs and bacon today, that sounds so good." We did this probably ten different times and each time it was the other answer...so she finally ordered eggs and bacon and when the server left our table I asked her what she had ordered...she said "I ordered the hamburger, that sounds so good to me today!" We laughed like crazy and so did she...she ate the eggs and bacon and loved it!