Last night my heart was aching. So many of my close friends are going through trials and challenges and heartache and as Garrett left the house late, late last night to help someone, I sat on the front porch and poured my heart out to my Heavenly Father.
Just the day before Garrett and I were able to attend our first Youth Standards Night with McKenna...the sister who spoke talked of each of us having our own sacred grove experiences. This pricked my heart and I went away feeling that I wanted to have more sacred grove experiences in my life...daily! As I sat with my back against my front door in the stillness of the night I had my own sacred grove experience...and then right after I ended my prayer, I looked up into the sky and watched a shooting star fall through the sky. At that moment I knew my Heavenly Father was aware.
I know our Heavenly Father can take away pains and sorrows and heartaches, but I also know that sometimes He lets us grow through these pains and sorrows and heartaches. And that they are given to us so we can become more like Him...so that one day we can stand in His presence and know Him only because we've become like Him through this earthly experience. I'm sometimes overwhelmed with all that is required of me and all that waits to tear families apart and break people down...but I have hope that Heavenly Father's plan is truly a Plan of Happiness.