Last week Garrett's company had a retreat at Deer Valley and lucky us...we got to join him. With the kids off track we were able to take advantage of the beautiful resort and spend the night...off-track is kind of tricky now that McKenna is in jr high but it worked great this time. The kids and I, minus Kenna, headed to Deer Valley Thursday morning and met up with Garrett and swam and hung around the resort, then he drove back home for bishop meetings he couldn't miss and spent the night at home with Kenna, then drove back up Friday morning and she went to school. I felt a little sad not having McKenna, it really was different, but she was good with it all. I was not as mature as her when I was her age. She had her cute friend, MaKenna, spend the afternoon and with her until Garrett came home with shakes for them.Thursday we swam in the heated outdoor pools and had such a great time. Our kids are at such a great age to take to the pool and really anywhere. Wyatt hung with me in the huge hot tubs and Ash and Colt enjoyed each other so much...it was fun to watch them just laugh and have so much fun. They loved the water slide!
That night the kids and I ate at the Park City Grill...it was so much fun to be out with the kids. Colt even commented that it was the best place he had ever eaten. I agreed...I had the most amazing lobster macaroni and cheese...and then we shared this molten chocolate dessert that was delicious! I had to run Wyatt to the bathroom just after it got to our table and I left thinking it would be devoured by the time I got back, but cute Colt said he had saved the last piece for me...what a gentlemanly thing to do. We went back to the resort and hung out with grandma Sill until grandpa finished with his meetings, then we went back to our room to watch a movie and fall fast asleep.
We all slept in the next morning until 8:00 when Garrett texted me and said we better hurry if we wanted breakfast...within 5 minutes we were all awake and at breakfast. We swam some more while Garrett finished his meetings, then Ashlyn and I hit the outlets before going home and the boys went fishing along the Provo for the rest of the afternoon. Garrett says anytime the boys ask to go fishing he's right there!





