Saturday, I met with my doctor to have some x-rays taken on my right shoulder. I've had a constant dull pain for the past year and a half, but haven't wanted to go in to see what's wrong so I've just lived with the pain and gotten by just fine. Well, this last week I pulled it pretty bad and I guess with Garrett getting tired of me complaining, I promised him I would make an appointment to see the doctor.
Looking at my x-ray of my shoulder was pretty cool, all looks good, except for the calcified bursitis in the joint of my shoulder, most likely from over-use from when I was swimming every other day training for triathlons...it makes sense. He gave me two cortisone shots right into the front and back of the bursitis and it feels amazing today, just two days later...no pain and full movement. We'll hope this takes care of it, if not I'll need to schedule surgery...ouch!