Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grandpa Nichol...

I have been blessed with the best dad in the world and I'm realizing that more every year as I go through different experiences in my life with my own kids. I've always known my dad loves me, yet I'm understanding more how eternal and unconditional that love is and how it continues to grow and deepen. I'm also coming to know how patient he was with me as a teenager...especially when he was teaching me math or how to ski or how to do pretty much anything and I wouldn't listen to him because I thought I knew it all and yet I look back and see how I didn't know anything, but I wasn't about to let him know that. I love to see that same affection and love that I grew up with showered upon my own kids by my dad...it's something I will always cherish. My dad loves and knows each one of our kids and always goes out of his way to let them know and feel that. As I went through some pictures from January I found these I had forgotten I had taken them....I know my kids feel this way about both of their grandpas. I feel blessed they have so many people that love them unconditionally.