Our stake president is starting a new tradition of meeting with the bishops wives every year to counsel and give a priesthood blessing. Last Tuesday evening was my turn. Just that day I was struggling with the question of whether or not to get Colt started in comp baseball, knowing that every year he's not a part of a team it just gets harder and harder for him to find a team. During the spring and summer months I feel like I'm already running like crazy getting my kids to their activities and who knows where I would have to travel to get Colt to baseball and if I could even find a team at this point...well, during my time with Pres. Thurgood, I asked if he could give me one piece of advice at this point in my life. He said, "Sister Sill, try to simplify your life." Then he added "Always remain faithful." I knew what he was talking about and later that night after talking to Colt about baseball, he didn't even seem to care about being on a comp team (that, along with what Pres. Thurgood had counseled was my answer). Lately, I have been trying to take the time to get back to the basics and surprisingly it hasn't been too tough...I just need to continue to be consistent!
In the blessing given to me that night, President Thurgood also blessed me with the knowledge of remembering the kind of woman I was in the pre-existence and how much my Father in Heaven loved and trusted me to remain faithful and fulfill my obligations and commitments here on earth, and that if I could just remember that how much taller I would stand and how much more confident I would be in all that is required of me in leading my family and those around me to Christ. When he finished, I turned to him with huge tears in my eyes and told him that I wished every woman could hear that...I am truly blessed!