Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy 40th to G...

I'm afraid to admit it but sometimes Garrett's birthday gets overshadowed by Ashlyn's. This year I had great plans of throwing a huge surprise birthday party for G, but everything, really everything, kept getting in the way, and in the end I realized it's not for him. First, our ward temple night fell on his birthday, so skipping ward temple night and inviting everyone from the ward over wouldn't have worked out too well, then when I planned to do it on Friday night, we got an invite to join in the celebration of 4 great young men in our ward, David, Jaren, Kaden and Braeden, who had earned their Eagle, then ward temple night was changed to another night, so I thought it still might work, but it was getting too late to put something together, then he was needed out of town for work, so in the end we spent G's 40th birthday at Colt's basketball game and then home for cake and ice cream. But he did get quite a celebration at work...Amanda, Chris, Jake and Josh (really only Amanda) blacked-out G's office, bought maybe 50 balloons to put all over, put a wheelchair in place of his office chair, built a tombstone with his name on it and then the aforementioned people dressed up in suits with boutonnieres and Amanda in a dress for G's funeral...it was awesome! Garrett is currently transitioning from CFO at SNMC to train to take over from his dad as CFO for the SNFC and I know he's going to miss these great people he's worked with for many, many years and I know they are going to miss him. We all went to lunch at Benihana's downtown to celebrate G!