Saturday, July 30, 2011

Colt's New Goal...

The other night as I tucked Colt into bed he asked if I'd noticed anything different about the day. I thought for a minute and couldn't think of anything inparticular, but told Colt I had noticed it had been a great day and there's wasn't much contention. He quickly said "Mom, this morning I decided I wouldn't tease or bug Wyatt anymore and this morning in my prayers I asked Heavenly Father to help me and it worked all day, so I'm going to do it again tomorrow and keep asking Heavenly Father to help me every day!!" My sweet, sweet boy! I love him more than life...I'm so proud of him deciding to do this all on his own. I told him I couldn't wait to tell daddy when we talk to him in the morning.
Garrett called late that night after the kids had fallen asleep and I told him about Colt's new goal...he was so impressed and kept saying "What a great son!" Colt and Wyatt are the light in their daddy's eyes...while at the cabin at Moon Lake the boys would ask him to come outside and light the fire in the fire pit and sit with them so they could play with fire sticks, or they would ask him to help them catch crawdads or lizards at the lake, or help them find the best rocks for throwing off the bridge into the river and he even taught them to pee off the bridge into the river below and Garrett's response every time with a smile in his eyes was "Mom, that's just what boys do!" I kept reminding him how lucky he is to have two amazing sons!
Right now Colt's hair is getting long and shaggy and again he's asking me to have it cut, especially with football starting on Monday, but I love my cute California surfer kid...