Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Disconnected Call...

Just a few hours ago I was a wreck...the kids and I came home from our weekend at Moon Lake on Monday night and Garrett stayed there and headed over to Falcon's Ledge for the remainder of the week to guide clients on the rivers around there.  Today was kind of different because early this morning he met a couple in Heber to fish with them on the Provo river.  We talked at about 2:30 when he finished with them and he told me he didn't need to be back to the lodge until 5:00 to meet the Orvis guys he's guiding tomorrow and that he might spend a little time on the river before heading back.  I told him about our busy week and then mid-sentence the phone went dead.  There's no cell service up Current Creek Canyon and other areas in Duschesne and I know that, but when it goes dead, Garrett usually tries to get to where there's service so he can call.  A few hours went by and I still couldn't reach him, I tried texting and still no response. 

To pass the time, Ashlyn and I rented the movie Charlie St. Cloud.  Not the best choice because it was about a little boy dying in a car crash.  I kept thinking he's just not in an area with service, but as it got to be 5:00 and still nothing, I became worried.  I called Falcon's and talked with the girls in the office and no one had seen Garrett, so I called Spencer, the head guide, and he too hadn't heard from him. 

Kenna's at Lagoon with Kat and Colt's hanging out with Seth, so Ashlyn, Wyatt and I knelt and offered a prayer that dad would be alright and then we cried a little...Ashlyn was so worried and I tried to comfort her the best I could while still being a little nervous myself.  After our prayer, Wyatt, Ashlyn and I went on a bike ride around the block (one of Wyatt's most favorite things ever!) and I felt a little more at peace, but I kept my phone in my hand the whole time we rode so as soon as he called I could answer.  He finally called around 5:30 and apologized for freaking me out...Spencer had gotten a hold of him and told him that he needed to call me immediately.  Garrett was in an area without service and did what he does best....fished and fished and caught some pretty nice ones, too I hear! 

I'm grateful for the spirit and grateful for impressions.  Just this morning I re-read Garrett's and my patriarchal blessing and again felt of the overwhelming love that our Heavenly Father has for us. One line in mine came to mind this evening as I waited to hear from G.  It reads 'you were set apart for a challenging life's mission'  What does this mean??  When will that happen?? Has it already??  I don't know, but I do know that I am blessed to have the Gospel, the good word, in my life. 

And tonight I was so very thankful to hear G's voice.