This summer has been a busy one...it seems we get home from a trip and pack for the next one and I love it! We've been blessed to have family time and also for G and I to have some alone time, too.
This weekend was all about our family and it was the best vacation we've had together in a long time. Last Sunday, G gave some closing remarks at the end of Tanner Purser's mission farewell. He started by saying "I could talk about my job, but would probably put most of you to sleep, I can't talk about my family because I would just end up crying, so I'll talk to you about something else I love...fishing. It made me smile.
This trip to the Lake Fork Cabin was perfect. We got to the cabin Friday afternoon, after spending the morning at Lagoon, and settling in we watched the first Harry Potter movie. We had decided that we would try to watch all 6 Harry Potter movies while at the cabin...a few weeks ago the 7th and final movie came out and Kenna, Ash and I saw the movie, but had missed 3, 4, 5 and 6 so we wanted to finally watch them and figured the boys would love them too even though some are PG-13. My, how we are relaxing a little, as the kids are growing!!
Saturday morning we watched another movie, rode horses in the back country, ate a picnic lunch and headed back to the cabin for another movie. Saturday night as we prepared for Sunday, G told the kids we would be going to all three hours of church at the Moon Lake Ward...the kids moaned and moaned about having to stay for primary and young womens but after attending church there, the kids can't wait to go to all 3 hours of meeting everytime we are out of town. They loved it and so did we...so different than our Syracuse ward, so, so much more casual :) Sunday, after church and a little lunch back at the cabin, we drove to the Upper Stillwater Dam and this time the road leading to the lake up above was unlocked so we drove up for a picture. Seeing all that water come over the dam was unbelievable. Upper Stillwater Dam is the tallest dam in the world...even taller than Niagra Falls. Oh, and I can't forget that this is where dad let Wyatt to pee off the bridge. He later told me it's what every boy dreams about!! Uh-huh. Sunday night we also celebrated Kenna's 13th birthday while at the cabin because we knew dad would be gone for her real birthday...she is such a poser in these pictures.
Monday we drove to the other cabins at the Six Lakes property and walked to a waterfall and then took out the canoes and let the kids and Chopper swim. Chopper loves to swim and was such a great dog to have along. The kids also caught crawdads and Wyatt even caught a little lizard. We ate at pizza at Pizarro's before the kids and I headed home and G headed over to Falcon's Ledge to guide for the week. This was a fabulous family vacation!!