Ashlyn has some pretty awesome grandmas and grandpas that are so willing to help her earn some spending money for her upcoming trip to NYC with her dance company. With the kids off track, Ashlyn, Colt, Wyatt and I got an early start on the day. We dropped Ashlyn off to grandma and grandpa Nichol's house so she could begin her list of jobs...she spent the morning dusting her curio cabinet, vacuuming the house, cleaning the toy room, correcting papers, cutting out laminated footprints and doing other odd jobs.
The boys and I spent the day with grandma B and then picked up Ashlyn and met grandma Nichol for lunch. After lunch, grandma Nichol took her back home so she could finish her chores.
We drove home, picked up Kenna from school so she could quickly get changed for her soccer carpool, dropped Ashlyn off to dance and then after dance, I took Ashlyn over to grandma and grandpa Sill's for the night and another full day of cleaning. They ate dinner with great grandma Sill, then went home and played UNO and watched the Jazz game.
Grandma told Ashlyn all about living in England and showed her some magazines full of English homes and decorating and Ashlyn fell in love with it...grandma loved that she was so enamored with the magazines. Grandma kept telling me how much she loved having Ashlyn with her and how she is the cutest girl! Lately, everyone has been telling me that...Ash is so much fun to be around. She is always happy and she is beautiful! The other night she babysat for the Prows family late into the evening. It's a double bonus when she babysits because she loves all the families that call her and shes earning money for NYC, too. Sunday morning as she got out her money for tithing, I questioned why she was paying so much. She told me how much she had earned the night before and I was amazed. I saw Billy and JaQuoy at church and told them they didn't need to pay her that much, but I know Ashlyn was grateful. Billy immediately said "She deserved it! She cleaned the house and had it perfect when we got home...I'm tired of babysitters not cleaning up after the kids have gone to bed and so we wanted to give Ashlyn a big tip because she deserved it!" Wow...she is an impressive girl!
I'm sure Ashlyn slept well that night and then grandma Sill put her to work cleaning all the baseboards in her house, dusting, vacuuming the whole house, doing the dishes, cleaning the fridge and then they enjoyed a delicious fish and chips lunch at 'Taste of Britton'...it was a fabulous day for the two of them! Ash earned quite a stash of cash and had a great time with her grandparents...she is pretty lucky!