Monday, January 30, 2012

A Priesthood Blessing...

Friday night while shopping the outlet malls in Vegas, Kenna's shoulder began to hurt and through out the rest of the evening it got worse.  Before going to bed, she could barely lift her arm above her head without it hurting her. I thought maybe she had a pinched nerve, so we iced it, I massaged it and I gave her ibuprofen to dull the pain.  She slept well but woke with it still hurting.  I called my dad and asked him if we could stop by and he and Steve could give her a blessing so she could get through her games without any pain.  Grandpa said they would be happy to do this for Kenna.  Uncle Steve anointed her head with the consecrated oil and grandpa gave her a beautiful blessing.  In the blessing he blessed her that she would be able to play her games and not feel any pain and that if the pain did come back later that night that when we got home the doctors would know how to help her.

We hugged and drove back to the hotel to get ready for her first game.  She kept heat on it until warm-ups and she seemed ready to go.  We talked about having the faith needed for a miracle to happen.  I told her that I knew Heavenly Father could take the pain away and He did.  She played the first game and she didn't even think about her shoulder once.  She played like a pro.  We went to lunch before the second game began and she never once mentioned anything about her shoulder.  The second game ended and still nothing about her shoulder.  We went to the team dinner that night and as we walked out of the restaurant at 9:00 that night, she put her right hand on her shoulder and said "Mom, my shoulder hurts.  But it didn't hurt all day long, Heavenly Father answered my prayer!"  I hugged her and we talked about the importance of priesthood blessings and having the faith needed for them to come to fruition.  When we got back to Steve and Mandy's, we knelt in family prayer with them and then after family prayer I had Kenna tell her cousins and grandma and grandpa and aunt and uncle what she told me as we left the restaurant.  It was a powerful moment.  I hope she will remember this experience with the priesthood.