Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Eve Celebrations...

Garrett works with some great people that are always so generous to our family. This year, Amanda, was able to get us tickets to the New Years Eve Grizzlies game and we had an amazing time. Amanda, you are awesome!!  The Grizzlies didn't do so hot, but hockey is so much fun to watch.  It's intense and quick and you have to keep your eye on that puck or it just may end up in your lap.  The boys and I looked forward to it all week long and they were extra excited because if you bring your own skates, you can skate for free after the game and lately that's all these boys want to do...skate!  Oh, and I can't forget that the whole week before, the boys kept telling me why they were so excited to have me at the game with them...it wasn't because they love me so much, it was because I was going to be the 'gopher' and whenever they had a craving for ice cream, or a churro, or nachos, I was going to be the one to make their wish come true and 'go for' their treats!  I loved it!  Plus, Kenna and Ashlyn had plans with friends and I didn't want to sit home all alone.

Garrett has now decided to coach the boys' teams and after purchasing some pretty rockin' skates, all he wants to do is skate.  I love that this will be something he can share with the boys and something we can do together as a family.  He wants the girls and I to take lessons and learn all the moves, too.  Ashlyn and Kenna are pretty good on the ice and I have to admit that I'm not too bad, either! Monday morning Kenna had training, but Garrett took Ash and the boys skating again...I think it's in his blood now and I love it!