Friday afternoon was a little crazy at our house, really no different than another other day. I love it when kids are coming and going and it's busy with friends...Colter and his buddies, Drake and big Wyatt (that's how we differentiate between little Wyatt and Colter's friend, Wyatt), spent most of the afternoon riding their bikes and playing in the snow...enjoying the beautiful, sunny weather we've had. And since I'm still potty training Wyatt and we were outside playing, I asked him if he just wanted to pee in the snow, rather than go inside. He loved that idea and so did the big boys...uh-oh, I hope none of our neighbors noticed the yellow snow between our yards! But, it was pretty funny to see four little boys peeing in a row. Then, after wearing themselves out they came in for some donuts and milk. The boys kept coaxing Wyatt to put the donuts over his eyes and, of course, he readily obeyed...
McKenna and Ashlyn planned an eventful night out with a bunch of their cute girlfriends...
Brinley - McKenna - Brielle
First, the girls all met at our house for a spaghetti dinner, then we headed up to the U of U women's gymnastics meet, then rushed back home to the Clearfield Aquatic Center to cheer on McKenna and McKahll as they played in her late, late-nite
futsol game...which they won 7-2!
Cutie girls: Delaney. McKenna. Brielle.
Ashlyn. Brinley. McKahll. Brinley
we had such a great time jammin' to Garrett's awesome cd mix...singing "I can ride a bike with no handlbars" and rockin' out to songs by the American Rejects (the Yukon was actually jumpin')...talking in accents (where do they come up with some of this stuff?)...just being goofy girls and of course, eating lots of junk food...such a fun night! A few weeks ago, Colter and I went with McKenna and a bunch of her friends to see the Pink Panther 2 movie...I love that they are cool with me hanging out with them, I know it will probably change when they are teenagers, but right now I am enjoying it!
...McKahll #5 as a forward and McKenna in goal...
McKenna also spent the day snowboarding at Snowbasin with her cute friend, McKahll, and her mom, Stacy, one of my best friends...
what a cool mom to take these two up on the mountain...such lucky girls! It's been such nice weather here in the valley, I can only imagine how beautiful it was to be snowboarding. McKenna even rode the gondola for the first time, thanks to some gentle coaxing by Stacy and McKahll.
This morning (Saturday) McKenna woke early and headed back up to Snowbasin with Brielle for their last snowboarding lesson...when I woke her this morning, she was sore and pretty exhausted, but she got out of bed and went...I'm sure she'll come home and crash!
Garrett hung with the boys and went to Colter's basketball game, then out for ice cream to celebrate their win.
Tonight, I'm looking forward to a more quiet night out with Garrett, a little Cafe Rio and the movie, Taken, with our friends ,Tyler and Diane. I can't wait.