Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sometimes It's Just a Feeling...

February 9th marked two months since the passing of our little nephew and cousin, William. I really can't believe it's been two months. So, with tomorrow being Valentine's Day, we decided to put together a little package for baby Will.
Today, while the older kids were in school, and Garrett in year-end meetings (it's that time of year for him), Wyatt and I went down to visit William's grave and deliver his gifts.
Last night we found the perfect Winnie the Pooh card that read..."Piglet asked Pooh, how do you spell love?
Pooh answered...I don't need to know how to spell love...
I can just feel it."
As we looked through all the Valentines cards I knew it was the one for him. We came home and all wrote little notes to William in the card...my girls and I shared a quiet moment talking and crying, and crying some more, as we remembered baby Will.
I keep thinking the tears won't come so easily when we talk of him, yet they do, and I guess deep down I'm glad I still feel that tenderness. Wyatt loved seeing all the other gifts that have been left for William over the last few weeks by his parents, brothers, grandparents and friends...red roses, a matchbox car, stuffed animals and balloons.
This is the first time I've been back since the funeral...it was so quiet, so peaceful and so beautiful with freshly fallen snow on the ground. Wyatt played with the little car in the snow while I just silently watched him and enjoyed the perfect stillness. We are all thinking of you and loving you, Little Warrior.
Whitney has been putting together a Book of Remembrance of William's short life and yesterday I got to peek at it...
again, I cried. It's beautiful!
The pictures taken the night William was born, by the sweet photographer who came in and donated her time and talents, were just incredible. Seeing those pictures, brought back a rush of feelings from that evening...I can't look at those pictures without seeing that the Lord upheld Whitney and Russ that night - it's evident in their countenance. Their look of peace and contentment and their trust in His plan, a plan that requires complete faith, is surely evident in those photos.
Happy Valentine's Day...
it is quickly becoming my favorite holiday!