Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Night with my Girls and Rascal Flatts...

I love Rascal Flatts and have wanted to see them in concert for a while. For Christmas, Garrett got us tickets and I was thrilled...the girls were so excited that we were going to see them in concert, so much so, that Garrett and I decided it would be fun to just make it a girls night out. We ate at The Pizza Factory and enjoyed yummy breadsticks, pizza and raspberry lemonades!
Jessica Simpson was the opener and she was so much fun to watch - she is just beautiful!
Rascal Flatts came on stage amid fireworks and a huge explosion...it was awesome! Better than I had imagined. Every song was perfect - it was a great night out with my cute girls. During some of the songs I did missed Garrett, though, and found myself wishing he were there, too (it would have been nice to have him to cuddle with)...next year.
I love so many of their songs and listen to them all the time...probably my favorites are 'My Wish,' 'Bless the Broken Road' and 'Stand' and all of these were played last night. Quite a few years ago, when I first heard the song 'Stand' it struck me and brought tears. I love that music can have such an affect...the meaning of that song is powerful and at that time it was especially profound. It was a few months after Whitney's son Ethan was born...she had been bent as far as I thought possible, she had been through every emotion possible and was beginning to press forward...as the song says...'everytime you get up and get back in the race one more small piece of you starts to fall into place' - that was it! When I heard this song I typed up the words and sent them to her (and I'm sure she cried). While we were growing up I often did this to songs she wanted to try and sing along with, being deaf she doesn't hear the words, but she can kind of get the idea if she sees the words written down.
Last night was just fun...running to the car in the freezing cold we laughed at how much fun we had together. Thanks babe, for a great Christmas gift - I loved it!