Thursday, April 16, 2009
A Great Moment...
This morning I went down to wake up the girls. As I turned to leave, I noticed both of them, pretty much in unison, slide out of bed right onto their knees for their personal prayers. What a great thing to witness. It's as if this morning, things came full circle for me and I again was able to recognized the absolute importance of prayer. I've always had a testimony of prayer and know if its profound power, yet, this morning I realized my girls are understanding that also. They are choosing the 'best' part, not just because we remind them, but because they know. It made my heart swell. As we read scriptures as a family this morning, I was struck by one verse in particular...Alma 31:10. We read how the Zoramites had stopped praying daily...that led to their disobedience and their denying Christ. What power prayer holds. How thankful I am for my girls' willingness and desire to pray daily to their Heavenly Father. I know they will be blessed for their obedience.