Saturday, April 25, 2009

Super Duper Saturday...

Dance competitions have begun...YAY!I love watching Ashlyn dance...I always say this, but I can't help but smile when I see her perform. I love the whole competition atmosphere...I love doing Ashlyn's hair and putting on her make-up...I love that dancing builds character and gives her confidence...I love that can be so soft and tender, yet just the right amount of toughness can still show through...I love that she is such a little dare-devil and can do awesome back-hand springs...I love it all!!Ashlyn is such a cutie...just this afternoon two cute boys kept doorbell ditching us. We know who the little culprits are and Ashlyn loves it - Jaxon and Beau are best friends and have been in love with Ashlyn since kindergarten...maybe Jaxon a little longer because we have known his family forever. Secretly, I know she likes them, too...whenever these boys get together they try to get Ashlyn's attention and she is sometimes so coy with them. It's so funny to me...she is such a girly-girl, but can also be rough and tough with the best of 'em.Oh, I just love that beautiful face! How I love you, Ashy-lu!!
Dance competitions are a fun day out with my girls and this particular competition was extra special...aunt Whitney, aunt Sonya, Natalie and grandma and grandpa Sill came to watch Ashlyn dance her little heart out! I don't know where she gets her rhythm (definitely not me), but she can really groove...she is awesome!McKenna, Natalie and Aunt Sonya...
Colter stayed with his good friend, Sam and then headed to Tavey's birthday party. Wyatt tagged along with us girls because dad is away at a Venturing Leadership Training. After Ashlyn's last dance we all went to lunch at Apollo Burger where Wyatt showed his true colors...thanks grandma and grandpa!!
Kim, Tami and I were team moms at this competition and made these cute flip flops for each girl on the Petites Team. The girls loved them...they better have! They were made with lots of love, sweat and tears :) .Later that night, we froze as we watched McKenna's soccer team win another game...then over to grandma and grandpa Sill's for yummy dessert and time with family. We were able to spend some more time with aunt Sonya and Natalie before they fly home tomorrow. What lucky girls they are...flying in just to shop for Natalie's baptism dress!!