Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Wyatt...

May you discover in yourself what we have always known...
(This is one of my favorite pictures of Wyatt as a little one...Garrett's sister, Amberly, snapped this when he was just a little over a month old...love that face!!)Happy Birthday 'newbie'...you are getting to be so big! Wyatt, you have brought such complete joy to our family...I cannot believe three years have gone by since you were born. When you were about one, I remember grandpa Sill saying that you were the happiest little baby...it's so true! You smile and we can't help but smile. When I ask you "What does mommy love about you?" You always say..."everything!" We do love everything about you! Lately you have become so animated with his expressions and the way you talk...I often wish you wouldn't lose your cute way of speaking. You have also begun to imagination play by yourself with Colt's little Star Wars figures or the girls' little mini-mals...the girls and I love spying on you and just listening, then running into the other room to laugh out loud. Just yesterday, while McKenna played soccer, we went to a nearby park to play. As we sat eating dinner I watched as Colter tenderly touched your head a few times and kept saying "I love my brother!" You are my little buddy all day long...I love to still carry you and squeeze your little 'chubby' legs whenever you let me. Often during the day I'll call daddy just to tell him the funny things you say - daddy adores you more than words can say. You are so blessed...and so are we!
Wyatt has always loved trains, but lately he has found another love...Monster Trucks. He loves the movie Cars and loves Lightning McQueen, so for his birthday cake this year he wanted a monster truck cake. Some of his best buddies, Owen, Caden, Stryder and Sam came over for a little birthday party.
We went on a little scavenger hunt, then my cute neighbor, JaQuoy, brought over squirt guns for all the boys and they were a hit!! We've got some pretty good shooters in this group...they sure kept me running!
The boys looked for bugs and even squished a few...jumped on the tramp...shot silly string...watched a mini Cars movie and ate popcorn...love this picture and the 'little conversations' that were happening at that moment...opened presents, sang Happy Birthday (which was so cute to hear), ate messy cupcakes and walked everyone home...a perfect party!
Wyatt's little friends are all such crack-ups!! McKenna was pretty sad I scheduled his party while they were in school...when 3:40 hits and the big kids get home life gets sooo busy with their 'big-kid' stuff...but I wouldn't want it any other way!! I love it when life is full. Wyatt,Chopper and I walked to school to meet the kids...after a full day of fun this is where he fell asleep - right in the train! What a funny kid...Grandma and grandpa Sill and great-grandma Sill came over for dinner and more birthday celebrations! Wyatt could not wait to open his gifts from grandma and grandpa...he knew what was coming - his own back remote control race car...yay!
Rather than the traditional breakfast in bed...Wyatt opted for a little early morning loving and breakfast with dad. When Wyatt wakes in the morning, he just sits in the hall and waits for us to notice him and come get him...daddy always get him his chocolate milk and a blanket so he can watch Mickey's Clubhouse...we love you baby boy...you are one of our greatest treasures!