Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An Early Morning Ride and Run...

It's funny to me that last year after finishing Ragnar and my last tri of the season and then being diagnosed with giardia I had no desire to run, swim or bike and that's when Garrett took up running again after a year hiatus. It's funny because when I was so into running and biking, and wanting him to join me, he wasn't that into it and then when I took a break that's when he gets his groove back...I think we're finally both on the same page, but it's taken me a full year to really get back into running.
Every other day, including Saturday G gets up pretty early to run and lately Colter has been begging to ride his bike with dad while he runs. Colter's always been an early riser and I wondered how he would do on their first morning out. I think he was up before dad, but I really don't think he even went to sleep that night. Right now in our lives Garrett may not have as much time home with the family, but the time he does have home he makes sure he is 100% available for me and the kids - it's truly been a blessing to recognize. Colter knows his daddy loves him and loves spending time with him and I'm grateful that these early morning rides will always be a reminder of that.