Yesterday was SEP conferences with each of the kids' teachers. I love the new tracking system that allows me to see each day right where McKenna is in terms of her grades...a little prep for jr. high.
I love being involved at the school and in each of my kids' classrooms. Like most parents, Garrett and I strongly stress to the kids how much we value education, hard work and doing the best they possibly can in whatever they do.
I adore all of the kids' teachers, but didn't realize until yesterday just how much their teachers absolutely adore them.
Ashlyn's amazing teacher, Ms. Provost, is one of my favorites - McKenna also had her for 4th grade and we have loved her since. She couldn't stop complimenting Ashyn...she gushed on and on about how focused and determined Ashlyn is and how she could run the classroom if she were ever absent. Then she turned to me and said "How have you done it? Two beautiful, smart, kind, compassionate daughters...can I come and live at your house?" What a compliment! Mrs. Petersen told McKenna that 7th grade would be a breeze for her because she already has such great study habits and is already self motivated and Mrs. Bills raved about Colter's math skills - whew, hopefully he takes after his dad! She also commented that everyone seems to be Colter's friend...a quality that cannot be taught. I hope he never loses that genuineness in his personality. We have definitely been blessed with smart, capable and talented children!
That's one of the best birthday gifts I could ever recieve today!