I love birthdays...this year I seem to be noticing a few more wrinkles and I even found my first grey hair - that was a shock!
My girls have always been so thoughtful about getting me a the perfect birthday gift. With Swiss Days just a few weeks before my birthday the last few years they have secretly bought me something while there, usually with the help of my mom or sister, and smuggled it home to give me on my birthday. What cuties! On Sunday, I noticed a darling necklace that my sister was wearing and I asked where she got it...she happened to get it from my cute neighbor Shelly who makes jewelry. The girls got it in their heads, all by themselves, that when they got home from school on Monday, they would get their money and go over to Shelly's and buy me that necklace. They did just that and I love it to pieces.!
That night, Garrett and I were at the Temple and didn't get home until about 11:00. The girls had placed a cute little bag with a darling card on our bed. They are the sweetest!
I had a great birthday...my phone didn't stop ringing all day long! Garrett and I celebrated in Costa Rica because he was heading out late Sunday night to go hunting elk with his cousins until Wednesday. Luckily they shot an elk on Monday and he totally surprised me by coming home early on my birthday. We ate german chocolate cake that Wyatt and I had made earlier during the day and then Garrett and I headed out to spend an evening together at the Ogden temple.
My sister and mom came up to help me bottle the hundreds (literally) of peaches from our trees and Whitney brought with her the best tasting Red Velvet cake from a new bakery by her called Nothing Bundt Cakes...I enhaled it with a little help from my girls and my mom. It was a perfect birthday!