Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Goals...

Whenever Greg and Garrett can manage, they take off to fly fish the Provo river. Today was another one of those days...Amy and I are always telling them how good they have it! Just today Amy and I headed up to Smith and Edwards for an aebleskeiver cast iron pan for Danny and Kallie's wedding shower...Amy mentioned that the other night at the Young Womens in Excellence, the speaker talked of setting goals and then asked everyone to write down one goal and share it with three other people in the room. After everyone shared their goals, he then asked if there were any unique goals. Amy said that Bishop (Garrett) rose his hand and said that Greg's was pretty unique (it's still different to me when Amy calls Garrett 'Bishop'). Greg's goal was to catch a few more fish before the end of the year, but then Greg said Garrett's was even better...he had written his with such specific details it made everyone laugh. Garrett's goal is to catch a 22 inch brown trout on the Provo river the day after Thanksgiving... too funny. But we are spending the Thanksgiving weekend in Midway so there's a great chance he will reach his goal.
Amy's goal was to read the Book of Mormon again by the end of the year...she just stared all over a few weeks ago. I am joining her in that goal. Having just started also again in Nephi a few weeks ago we have quite a lot to read, but I'm going to do it! I'm also reading the '5,ooo Year Leap' but it might have to be put on hold for a few months.