That night she gave me a necklace...not just any necklace. It's one that I will wear and then pass onto someone I truly admire...she gave it to me and then we cried as she expressed her feelings for me, then she asked me to wear it and blog about that day and then pass it onto someone I admire...I put it on that night and decided this is what I want to write about. An evening with family. As I get older I'm realizing more the times I'm able to be with Whitney and her family are some of the best times in my life.
Sunday night we celebrated Ethan's 6th birthday...when he was born at 27 weeks he was just a little over a pound and wasn't breathing, things were grim, but he was quickly resuscitated and continues to defy the odds. He is a true miracle...just like his older brother. He is the cutest kid with his little glasses and the most beautiful head of strawberry blond hair. He is stubborn, (wonder who he gets that from :]) goofy, tough and tender.
My night with the necklace was spent with Whitney...we talked of William and we cried a little...he would be turning one in about a month. She said that she and the boys talked of what William would be for Halloween - a puppy! It breaks my heart to see her so sad. I cried more on the way home realizing how strong my sister is, how faithful she is, how resiliant she is, and how truly hard this is for her and her family. I also realized that I've rarely ask her about William these last few months...sometimes I feel torn between asking how she's doing and making her cry or just not asking. I don't know which is better...but sitting here thinking about this, I really think I should just always ask and give her the opportunity whether we talk or not. Whitney, Thanks for the necklace...you have no idea how much that means coming from you. I've got some thinking to do of who I will pass it to - McKenna thinks it should be her!!