Thursday, December 3, 2009

Newbie and Chewbie

I need to journal about this before I forget this cute time in Wyatt's life.
For the month of October we had a skeleton hanging on on our front door. After Halloween I took down the skeleton to put him away until next year. Before getting him in the box, Wyatt began playing with the skeleton and it quickly became his little buddy...so this little skeleton hung around for a few weeks and went everywhere in the house with Wyatt. Wyatt would even sit him at the counter to eat lunch or do play doh with him. We all laughed because this skeleton is about the exact size as Wyatt so it really could truly be 'his skeleton'. Just a little history for this next part of the story...we've called Wyatt 'newbie' since he was a newborn...we combined 'new baby' and came up with newbie. He's our newbie!
Well, a few weeks after Halloween I overhead Wyatt calling his skeleton by name. All on his own, he had named his skeleton friend "chewbie". We still laugh when we talk about his friend chewbie.
Time went on and I put chewbie away until next Halloween, but chewbie hasn't been forgotten. Wyatt now wants us to call him chewbie instead of newbie...and everytime we call him newbie, he corrects us and says "I'm chewbie!" He is seriously the funniest little boy and we all love to oblige him!