The night before their trip she could not even sleep. Thursday morning we met dad at the airport and the two of them took off...
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
A Trip for Two
Last week was a much anticipated week around our house. About a month ago, Garrett made plans and booked a flight just for him and McKenna to spend a few days together in California. She was thrilled!
The night before their trip she could not even sleep. Thursday morning we met dad at the airport and the two of them took off...
As I received texts and pictures throughout the few days they were gone, I was amazed at all they did and so grateful that Garrett is such a great dad and husband. The only thing I knew they were planning to do on this trip was to watch the Jazz play the Lakers, but other than that I knew nothing. They flew in to LA, rented a car, got settled into their hotel, ate dinner and then went to the Jazz/Lakers game. McKenna loved it. 





The next day began with scripture study and breakfast at IHOP and then they drove to the LA temple. 
When I received the picture of McKenna in front of the temple I remember looking at it for quite a while and feeling such gratitude. Gratitude that they started their day visiting the temple grounds. But later my feelings of gratitude deepened as I learned from Garrett that McKenna was the one who asked to see the temple first thing that morning. 




Next, they drove to Beverly Hills and then onto Hollywood and the Walk of Fame. McKenna said there were some pretty interesting people on the streets of Hollywood and that sometimes dad would even do things that would embarrass her - how embarrassing! 



The weather was perfect, not like the 6 degrees it's been here lately. The company was perfect and they came home safe...it was a great trip!
The night before their trip she could not even sleep. Thursday morning we met dad at the airport and the two of them took off...