Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Checking it off my list...

I love days when I know I have to get a lot done and today was one of those days. I am a list maker and love to check things off my list once they are complete. For me it seems I am so much more productive when I have to organize my day and make every minute count.
This morning I woke early to cut up chicken breasts into small pieces for bottling. I filled the bottles and put them into the fridge while I hit the gym for an intensive boot camp workout. I came home exhausted, but exhilarated, showered and began bottling chicken for the first time ever. Garrett was a little worried that I really knew what I was doing, but tonight after seeing the final product he is totally impressed. Next it's hamburger!
Whitney came to hang out for the day and help me and my girls make bottle cap necklaces for the girls coming to Ashlyn's birthday party this weekend. Whitney is always finding the newest craft and learning how to make it and then sharing it with me and my girls...we are so so lucky and the necklaces turned out way too cute!
In between processing the chicken, Whitney and I left McKenna in charge of the kids and ran off to enjoyed lunch at Bajio. I love having the kids off track and love that Kenna is so responsible and (usually) so willing to help.
Home again to process more batches of chicken in between friends over to play and kids running in and out of the house. Ironing, laundry, piano lessons and making sure dinner is ready for us to eat together as a family during the small window of time Garrett is home before heading to Young Mens. Carpool from tumbling, deliver Relief Society birthday gifts, dinner to a friend, a few games of Mexican train with the kids before sending them to bed...then a few moments with G before my head hits the pillow and I fall fast asleep. These are the days that I hope to remember!