Wyatt is a picky eatier. As a baby he had a milk allergy and so I had to be so careful with what he would eat. As he grew out of that allergy, I continued to cater to him and just fix him whatever he would eat: waffles, pancakes, hot dogs, chicken, strawberries, noodles and mac n cheese have been the staples of his diet with hardly any vegetables. It kills me to admit this, because with the other kids I was always so good about vegetables, but I've become lazy with Wyatt.
Yesterday my attitude changed...after listening to Dr. Laura give advice to a young mom with a picky eater, I've come up with my own plan and I'm going to start tonight. I've got to be diligent! So driving in the car I said to Wyatt "Ok, buddy, tonight we're going to have turkey steaks and vegetables and you need to eat them or you'll just have to starve and that would be sad." He quickly replied "Ok, mom I'll just starve!"
We could not stop laughing!! The girls tried to coax him to at least trying the food tonight by telling him how good turkey steaks are but he just keep saying "Really, I'm fine. I'll just starve."
We'll see how it goes tonight.