Saturday, January 30, 2010

Celebrating Ashlyn...

This month has flown by. I think it was on Wednesday that Garrett asked me what I was getting him for his birthday coming up on Monday, that's when he heard my audible gasp. I hate that! About a month ago I remember planning out what he wanted to do on his birthday, but it seriously hadn't crossed my mind again.
Then, that same day, Ashlyn asked when she could have her friend party and I died because her birthday is Sunday, the day before Garrett's!
Our days are definitely filled and I love that even thought some days I may feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I can honestly say I usually get everything done in a day that I set out to do. I've tried to unclutter my life and focus on the basics. But with that being said, I did feel horrible that I hadn't made time to put her birthday celebration together. After a few calls to her close friends, a party was arranged and the wheels were in motion.
An easy and fun birthday party with a few close friends, pizza, grape smoothies, cupcakes, presents and then off to see 'The Tooth Fairy' at the movie theatre. The girls loved their bottlecap necklaces that Ashlyn made with Aunt Whitney. Even the guy taking the tickets at the movie theatre commented on how cool they were...they were totally a hit!
Earlier in the day we met grandma and grandpa Nichol for lunch. I sat with my dad trying to convince my boys not to terrorize the place as we enjoyed our lunch and looked over at my mom with my girls. By the little bits I could overhear I could tell they were having a grown-up conversation about life,what they're involved in and what makes them happy. I have so much love for my mom and love that she takes the time to invite us to lunch and spends quality time with my girls. As we walked out of the restaurant, my mom said "They sure are growing up!" It's so true...as I think back to when they were toddlers, it truly seems like a lifetime ago.
The boys were off to Colt's basketball game and a late night with some "Men vs. Wild in Guatemala"...Wyatt and Colt's all-time favorite show.
We did it all and then some!
As each of these cute girls showed up they all noticed they were all wearing their Converse. How funny that every single girl had one a different pair of Converse...so of course I had to take a picture. Sunday night, great grandma B, great grandma Sill and both sets of grandparents joined us for cheesecake and ice cream to celebrate Ashlyn! Along with a Selena Gomez cd, lots of cute clothes and a swim suit and matching flip flops from Justice, she made out with quite a 'stash of cash'!