I wonder about those days to come when our kids will all question and contradict our opinions and views. When they'll break free and maybe even fight again their boundaries. When they'll have momentum and huge, complicated plans of their own. When they'll finally realize mom and dad did know it all.In not so many years they'll be real grown-up people, and I'll still be me, watching it all happen. I hope they still want to hear what I say. I hope they will still want to settle their head into my neck, for just a minute. Just to feel safe again. I hope they laugh at my jokes and get mad and tell me off like they sometimes do now. It makes me feel like things are open. Like there are no secrets. I like that. It will change and morph, but I never want them to shut off or shut me out. It will break my heart.
Right now, Wyatt’s spirit is strong and jumpy and stubborn and we adore him oh so much…even when he holds us hostage.