Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Divine Calling...

For FHE the other night we talked with the kids about Moses and the burning bush and his calling and mission in life. We talked about how we all have our own missions to fulfill and that we don't know exactly what our missions in life will be, or what callings the Lord has in store for us. But, we can receive personal revelation from our Heavenly Father every day of our life through prayer, and we also have patriarchal blessings to be a guide for us.
Garrett and I then shared parts of our blessings with the kids and then testified to them that Heavenly Father is watching over. It was perfect.
Then, last night, after getting the kids down for the night I sat alone in the kitchen and reread our blessings. I was overcome with a tremendous feeling of love...love from my Heavenly Father and for my Heavenly Father.
My blessing talks a lot about my divine role as a mother to these spirits that have been placed in my care. I am in awe of their goodness, their willingness to do right quickly, their desire just to please and to show love. I am unworthy so many times of their love and their goodness and all the richness they've added to my life. I know they are valiant and good. I know they will fight a much harder fight that I've ever had to fight. I know they will succeed as long as they stay close to their Father in Heaven. I love being their mother...they are my greatest blessings.