Monday, November 7, 2011

One Bad Day for the Boys...

Garrett left after work today for his last guiding trip for the year, at Falcon's Ledge.  I was planning on a pretty much routine day...Wyatt had a friend coming over, I wanted to take lunch over to our next door neighbors, Greg and Renee, who moved to Texas today and I needed to get some groceries.  But other than that, I was just planning on a normal day. 

The kids got off to school and around 9 and Wyatt and I walked over to the Weathers' to see what we could get them for lunch.  Greg told us to go inside and find Renee and that she would be in the back bedroom with their 3 dogs...I didn't think much of it, but thinking back, those dogs were barking like crazy, moving men were in and out of the house all morning and had been the day before, too.  I greet Renee and begin taking down her order for lunch and out of the corner of my eye I could see Wyatt bend down to pet one of the dogs and then all I heard was screaming with his hands holding his right ear...I couldn't get his hands away from his ear to see the damage, but knew the dog had bit him.  Greg came running, Renee was beside herself and in shock, and I think Greg was, too.  I swooped Wyatt up into my arms and ran home.  Wyatt was terrified and wouldn't stop screaming and shaking.  I was shaking, too.  All Wyatt kept saying was "Daddy, Daddy!"  I tried calling JaQuoy, but couldn't get her number right until the 5th try because my hands were shaking so much.  I asked her to come over immediately and she did, along with Stryder, too.  She was such a comfort to me and Stryder was so worried about Wyatt.  Blood was gushing from inside his ear, but then almost immediately after wiping away much of the blood, it clotted.  I didn't think to check the back of his ear, where the bottom tooth of the dog had cut through until we noticed blood coming from behind his ear.  That's when we knew he needed to see the doctor and probably have the cuts glued.  He was still panicked, so I asked JaQuoy if she knew any men that were home that we could call on for a priesthood blessing...she mentioned Trent and I immediately grabbed my phone to call his cell.  Trent is our neighborhood 'go-to guy' for so many of us.  About a year ago he was unemployed for about a year and so anytime any of us moms needed anything, we knew we could call on Trent and he would do whatever he could to help...that's just how he is and his wife, Alisa, is so good to always volunteer him for anything we might need. I had a feeling Trent was home and he was...such a blessing.  He came over quickly and gave Wyatt a beautiful blessing of comfort.  He blessed him to be calm and to know how much his Father in Heaven loves him and how He knows all that's going on his Wyatt's life.  He blessed him to remember to pray to Heavenly Father each day.  It was beautiful. 

I called our doctors office and told them what had happened and they said 'bring him right in and we'll take care of it!"  I love Dr Julien over at Legacy Point and the girls that work there, too...they took such great care of Wyatt today and just doted on him.  We drove to Blockbuster so he could pick out a movie, then we cuddled on the comfy couches downstairs and watched Toy Story 3.  He missed school today and felt great the rest of the day...didn't even crash until 9:45 tonight!

Everything else was falling into place for the night, running Ash and her friends to volleyball, picking up Kenna and the girls from training at the new Forza indoor facility and then about a half hour before coming home I got a call from Colt saying he had a rash all over his back and neck.  I got home and was amazed at his rash...it was bright red and burning him.  I ran him over to Greg and Amy's and had Amy look at it.  She gave him a Benadryl pill but after about 10 tries of him trying to swallow the tiny pill and it not going down, I took him home and gave him some liquid Benadryl.  Then I called G to tell him what was happening...Colt was teary because all he wanted was for dad to be home and give him a priesthood blessing. Oh, tender boy!  G then said "Call Trent and see if he can come over and give Colt a blessing, he's already done it once today!"  I knew I could call Trent and he would come over and he did.  He also gave Colt a beautiful blessing that his body would be restored and he would be able to sleep peacefully through the night.  He blessed Colt that he would always know by which power this miracle would occur and I loved that!  We are so blessed to have people we truly love and can call on at any time just right next door.