Last weekend, Garrett and I were able to get-away for a few days. The managers at SNFC were invited to spend Wednesday thru Friday golfing in St. George and the wives were invited, too, to enjoy shopping and a day at the spa. Garrett was cute because he really wanted me to go, even though he knew I had plans that same weekend to be at a friend's cabin in Bear Lake, but last year I wasn't able to go with him and he kept saying he really missed me, so this year I made it work. We had his cousin, Courtney, come and stay with the kids, which worked out perfectly. The kids are pretty good at taking care of themselves and helping take care of Wyatt, Colt even makes his own omelets for breakfast and even makes his own lunches for school...but of course we need someone to be here during the nights and Courtney was a perfect fit.
G spent a few hours at work Wednesday morning, while I tied up loose-ends and then Amy drove me to the frontrunner station in Clearfield to pick up the train for Salt Lake. G met me at the station in Murray and we began our weekend together by eating at East Coast Subs...one of his favorite places ever. We enjoyed our drive down and I didn't even fall asleep until about an hour away...I was determined to stay awake and enjoy just being with G as long as I could. On the drive to St. George Garrett mentioned that our cute neighbor, Sarah B, was going to school at Dixie...we decided that while he was golfing on Friday I would see if Sarah could meet me for lunch. I texted Sarah and we made plans to meet at the Pizza Factory.
Wednesday night we ate at the Painted Pony. Thursday morning the guys headed out golfing in his new golf shoes. I went over to the outlets to get jeans for the boys and then met up with Lisa, Anita and Tracy for lunch at Kneaders. After lunch we went over to the spa for a hot stone massage and then Garrett and I met up for dinner. Friday morning G headed out for another round of golf and I slept in and then picked up Sarah for lunch. Lunch was great...Sarah is amazing. After lunch with Sarah I picked up G from the golf course and we drove home. On the way home I told him of our lunch and how highly I think of Sarah...he said "Sarah was always a shining example of what a young woman should be, she was a joy to work with and I always knew I could count on her as the Laurel President." I texted to her what Garrett had said...it's good to know what others think of her, especially when it's so great.
We got home from our trip, drove Kenna over to Conner's to hang with him and his friends and hunkered down for the night and prepared for the next day...Saturday's are busy with Kenna's training, Ashlyn's dance, ODP, and the boys' hockey.