Today Kenna had the day off from school, so after Wyatt got off to kindergarten, we headed out to find her a costume. We waited till the last day because she never can decide...luckily we found a darling pirate costume and she loved it, partly because Wyatt was also dressing up as Jack Sparrow, so she thought that it would be cool to match him...she cannot get enough of Wyatt.
The kids got home from school, grabbed something to eat and quickly changed into their costumes. Ash headed over to Julia's house around 4:30 so they could help each other get taped into their costumes...they had decided about 2 months ago that they wanted to be duct-tape girls. They bought cute black and hot pink wigs and long eyelashes and were then going to duct-tape themselves all over. I wasn't so sure about that and even tried to get her to change her mind the night and morning before Halloween, but she wasn't going to budge. She spent the night with Julia, Breanne, Phoebe, Jaret, Aiden, Cade, Caleb and lots of other kids. Kenna was off to Kat's around 5:00 to hang out and go trick-or-treating with a bunch of friends. Dad, Colt, Wyatt and I hit the neighborhood trunk-or-treat and then dad, Wyatt, Sam and Stryder made their way around the neighborhood, while Carrie and I sat in our driveway and passed out candy. The night was perfect and the weather was better than I ever remember it being...and then we woke this morning to lots of rain.
P.S. no pictures of Ashlyn...she promised me she would keep her duct-tape on so I could see how their costumes turned out, but by the time I picked her up they had undone all the tape because it was so hard to move...they realized too late that they had duct-taped each other way too tight :)