Monday, November 21, 2011

Wyatt's Kindergarten Program...


Wyatt has made lots of new friends this year in kindergarten.  Fischer and Cooper are just a few and they are the cutest twins ever.  Wyatt adores his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Adams, and I love her just as much.  When she saw Wyatt last night she whispered to him "You look dapper tonight, Wyatt" and he grinned from ear to ear...he was so proud!  Whenever I am in the classroom volunteering I can't help but just want to watch her and listen to Mrs. Adams...she is so fun, so engaging and so great with all the kids and it's a big class this year. 

Last night the kids got to sing and tell of their favorite thing to do with their family.  Most kids said "I like to go to Lagoon with my family".  Wyatt was the last one and his was my favorite.  He said "My family and I like to go to Falcon's Ledge together."  That made dad smile.  Luckily grandma and grandpa Sill and grandma and grandpa Nichol were already planning to come to Colt's pack meeting later in the night, so they came a little early to see Wyatt.  Wyatt is a crack-up...during one song they sing the kids pretend to hold a flute and sing.  I looked at Wyatt, who wasn't doing it and mouthed "pretend to blow your flute" while doing hand motions.  He sternly looked at me and mouthed "I DON'T HAVE TO!"  We all laughed as I was reprimanded by my 5 year old kindergartner.  Later that night I asked why he didn't want to play his flute and he very quickly said "Breckyn's mom was watching me and I didn't want to be embarrassed."  Oh, what a cute kid!