Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pirate Scouts...

Colt looks forward to cub scouts every Thursday after school. A few months ago he invited one of his good friends, Drake, to come to scouts with him. Drake loved it and has decided to join, his dad was a scout when he was young and has told Drake about the fun adventures he had in scouts. It's a huge blessing that there are some great boys Colt age. Drake's been working hard and will be getting his Bobcat at the Blue and Gold Banquet next week. Last week in scouts, their leader, Tammy, had the boys working on their heritage belt loop and asked them each to write a thank you note to someone that means a lot to them. Drake wrote Colt the thank you note above...it's priceless. Colt wrote a note to dad.

Today's scouts was a pirate themed day. The boys learned to tie different knots, they dressed up as pirates and lashed swords together. Scouts ended and Drake and Noah came over to hang with Colt. Noah's family moved into our ward about 6 months ago, they are a great family with 10 kids, so all of our kids now have a new friend in the ward. Kenna and Bell and her older sister, Raychel are friends, Ashlyn and Christian are friends (secretly I think Ashlyn likes Christian), Colt and Noah are friends and Wyatt and Adam became friends from being in the same primary class last year and now I teach Caroline in primary and their mom visit teaches me. We are destined to all be friends.

This evening, as Colt and I read together, he said "Mom, I need to hang out more with Noah, he's awesome and he's nice, too!" That's what really counts...being nice. Then a few minutes later he said, "Mom, today's scouts was the best ever! I love going over to Tammy's for scouts!" I texted that compliment to Sister Allen because I thought she needed to know her hard work and dedication to this calling (even though sometimes it's crazy and wild) is worth it because the boys do love it!