Well, it has! McKenna got her braces put on Tuesday morning before going back on-track on Wednesday and I went in on Wednesday for mine. Garrett and I joked about sending the bill to my parents who really should have put me in braces years ago, but I think I'll refrain! 





The girls at the office mentioned how much older braces made McKenna look and I agree - she is darling! Maybe mine will make me look younger?? After getting Kenna's braces on we picked up grandma Berk and took her to lunch and then stopped by grandma and grandpa Nichol's so they could give Wyatt his birthday gift...a new bike! Around 2:00 McKenna started feeling a little pain, so I gave her 200 mg of Advil and hoped it would kick in quickly for her...she still had to go to soccer training and even keeper training before coming home to crash. She was in pain all night long and not until after I got my braces on and the cute girls in the office told me to take 800 mg every 8 hours and that McKenna should have the same did I die! I had only been giving her 1/4 of what I could have - no wonder she cried most of the night from pain. Oh, I felt sooo bad.
I immediately left Dr. Coleman's office and found her at school to give her more pain killers...she came home with no pain, but that's when mine started ...just when Garrett and I were heading to Stake Temple night, so I took more medicine and made it through.
But this morning, my own kids, and Garrett too, are making fun of me because I can't say my p's or b's (McKenna doesn't seem to have this problem) and it truly hurts to talk at all and I'm getting a little tired of eating yogurt, pudding and soups for the past week since having the spacers put in...I better be losing weight, but, if not at least in one and a half years I will have a beautiful smile and it will all be worth it, plus I'll definitely have a lot more compassion for when Ashlyn, Colt and Wyatt go through this!
