Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Girls Weekend...

After sending the boys off to Falcon's Ledge, the girls and I watched a bunch of neighbor kids so their mom's could set up for the Primary Activity, then we took off for a few hours of shopping at the mall, and after the primary activity we made our way to Mapleton for McKenna's evening game with grandma and grandpa Nichol joining us. At the field, I dropped Kenna and Ashlyn off with grandma and grandpa and went with a friend to the nearest gas station for a quick potty break. When I got back to the field, McKenna couldn't wait to tell me how funny grandma was...the evening was getting a little chilly and as the team was arriving, McKenna ran over to the sideline and asked grandma to warm her up...grandma opened her arms wide and said "Get in her and I'll warm you up!" McKenna laughed. She needed to be warmed up for goalie, she needed someone to shoot the ball on her, not keep her warm under a blanket...luckily Brenda obliged as they all laughed at grandma. And she wonders where I get my naivety? After the game we all headed to the Brick Oven Restaurant in Provo for some yummy late dinner, then we spent the night at grandma and grandpa's and headed out early Saturday morning to run to Walmart to get some food for the sister missionaries to eat dinner with us later that night, then to the Jr High to sign Wyatt up for AYSO soccer and then to Wyatt's preschool to register him before going to Nicole's for Amberly's baby shower. We did it all and that was only by eleven that morning...Garrett's youngest sister is having her first baby in July so while she was in town, her sisters and Lori and I helped her celebrate with a baby shower for her and baby Xander.
The girls enjoyed hanging out with their cousins, Amanda, Justine and Natalie, who live in Arizona, then took off on the run again for another quick stop at the mall, back home to prepare dinner for the missionaries (who never came) and a night out with G to our stake's marriage and relations class while Kenna babysat...a great weekend!