and a dang handsome Cub Scout he is! Dad gave him one of his old neckerchief slides and then customized it just for Colt by adding a Colt 45 shell to it...Colt thinks it's the coolest thing ever. Nice touch dad!The day of his first Pack Meeting Colt kept asking me (all day long) what time we would leave to be there on time and as the time got closer he kept saying "we need to leave now"...an hour before it even started. I was beginning to lose patience. He had earned 'cub bucks' from being on time to den meetings during the month and couldn't wait to spend his money at the cub store. After helping him tuck in his scout shirt for the tenth time because I just couldn't get it right (according to him), I lost a little patience with him. He was so worried that if he had it tucked in too tightly, he wouldn't be able to raise his hand and answer all of the questions and in turn earn even more 'cub bucks'...I said something (not too sweetly) that squelched his enthusiasm. Garrett came into the kitchen and said "Mom, the boy's just excited for his first Pack Meeting!" He has a way with helping me see things clearly. Sometimes I'm not easily taught and I know I can be stubborn, but I'm trying to listen when I'm wrong (especially with the kids)...and it's hard! But seeing it through Colt's eyes and hearing Garrett tell me of his excitement for when he became a scout I couldn't help but feel bad for how I had hurt my little boy's feelings. I'm sorry Colt, I'm trying...
Colt earned his Bobcat that night and I received the mother's Bobcat pin. We had lots of little ones join us up front for the pinning...Owen, Kaden and Wyatt are best little buds and wanted to be in on the action. The tradition is for the cub to be held upside down by his dad while his mom pins on his Bobcat patch upside down...then he can turn it right side up when he does a good deed. It didn't take long for Colter to turn his around. As we left that night, he opened the car door for Wyatt and helped him into his seatbelt - Way to go, Colt!


