Saturday was a day to remember! Colter chose to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...something he's been looking forward to for a very long time. Colt was able to share this day with his good friends, Seth and Lindsey. Seth's grandpa talked about baptism and Colt's grandma Sill spoke about the Holy Ghost. Garrett baptized Colt and also confirmed him and we all celebrated with a BBQ afterward at the house...luckily it was the first nice Saturday we've seen since last summer! Family and lots of friends came by to enjoy the day with us.Back at the house, Colt quickly jumped in on a little pick-up baseball game with Ty, Trent and all the boys, but quickly decided to change out of his suit after sliding into home and nearly ripping his new suit. Dad grilled up hamburgers and hot dogs to perfection. We visited with aunts, uncles, cousins and great friends. Even Colt's great-grandma's got to catch up on what they're up to in life...it was an unforgettable day!
We love you, Colt. You have taken your first step to returning to live with your Heavenly Father again someday...

















A few days after his baptism, Colter received a present in the mail from my childhood friend Nikki, who lives in Las Vegas with her family. He opened the gift and read the little card that came with it...it was a simple card, nothing too profound for an eight year-old, but the few words she wrote pricked my heart. For the next few days they kept coming into my mind and then last night while Garrett and I cleared dishes from dinner, through tears, I told him about the card. She simply wrote " Treasure your baptism and your membership...it has meant the world to me!" Nikki was just introduced to the gospel a few years ago. Seeing those words from her has made me think about that story we always hear about having this incredible pearl or treasure (the gospel of Jesus Christ) and not sharing it with those we love the most...that questions has been weighing heavily on my mind along with another...but first a little background on Nikki and Rich.Nikki and Rich were married in a beautiful church ceremony probably 14 years ago and have three beautiful kids. Rich grew up in the church, but Nikki didn't...while living in Las Vegas, their little family had the missionary discussions and about a year and a half ago Nikki chose to be baptized and become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and then, in the summer of 2009 she and Rich and their three kids, George, Lulu and Ruby, were sealed together forever in the Salt Lake Temple and I got to be there. It was beautiful. So, as I read that card, I've asked myself probably ten times "Do I truly value my membership...or do I take for granted my membership because I've known it all my life and it's always been a part of my life from as far back as I can even remember?"
I want to be more like Nikki, and be more grateful and aware of my membership in the church...grateful for my membership in a church that focuses on families, that has a living prophet, that teaches about prayers being answered, that teaches we will be reunited with those who have passed on, that teaches not only will we live again, but we will live again with Christ. I am a little envious of Nikki...I'm so thankful for her friendship. She is someone I always wanted to be like. I asked Colt if I could keep the little yellow crayon card as a bookmark for my scriptures to always remind me...my membership is too important for me to take lightly.