







Monday and Tuesday the kids and I worked hard all day in the yard. We mowed the lawn, we brought in new dark bark and picked up all the leaves. I knew we had to work hard because the rain was coming again on Wednesday, but the kids didn't know this. When we woke up Wednesday morning, Ashlyn looked outside, saw the rain and said "I'm so glad it's raining, now we don't have to work outside!" I smiled and told her that's why we worked so hard the last two days because I knew the rain was coming...they sometimes grumble about working in the yard, but I overheard the girls say to each other that they really do like to work in the yard and see how nice it looks in the end...and it truly looks great. It's amazing what a fresh lawn mow and new bark will do for the yard as it's coming out of it's winter blahs.