Friday, October 15, 2010

Marriott vs. Strawberry Reservoir

This weekend the boys took off for Strawberry with Garrett's cousin, Brett, and so the girls and I got away, too. We are smarter than the boys and decided to stay in a hotel rather than tent it in this cold weather, but the boys seems to love the cold. I forgot my camera but Garrett took his with the boys...my girls were so bummed!

The girls and I stayed in the Marriott and even got a room with a hot tub in it...well, that's what we were thinking it would be, but when we got to our room, we were totally disappointed to find a jetted tub, smaller than ours at home, in the corner of the room...we laughed for about fifteen minutes and couldn't stop laughing all weekend as we talked about the hot tub in our room. On our way out to dinner that night we stopped by the front desk and told them we didn't need the upgraded room because we wouldn't be using the hot tub (we laughed some more as we told the front desk guy this) and he asked if we thought we were in Vegas and were expecting a full hot tub in the room...he laughed too as he watched us giggle. I guess in my own naive way, I really was expecting that! The girls and I shopped and ate and watched our newest favorite movie...Letters to Juliet...love that movie!
The boys had a great time too, the boys loved driving uncle Brett's boat and had fun catching craw dads. But the best part for Colt and Wyatt was catching fish. We had the most amazing fish tacos ever from the huge trout they brought home for us to fry...I told Garrett he could go fishing every weekend if he'll bring home fish like this for us to eat!