Sunday our Relief Society presidency was released. Betty, Angela, Michelle and I served together for 2 years and it was great. About 7 years earlier I also served with Betty as one of her counselors in the Primary...I love Betty. I've learned so much from her over the years. She is always optimistic and happy and so compassionate. Just recently her husband was diagnosed with cancer, pretty much throughout his body and brain. Betty and Dave are optimistic he will survive and even thrive, but doctors aren't giving him much of a chance. How strange that all is well one day and then the next your world is turned upside down...they are faithful people. Then, last week Betty went in for double knee surgery. Garrett and I visited her at the rehab center and she was her normal self, just going around making sure everyone else in that place was happy and cared for. She is an amazing lady! Friday, October 1, 2010
Change in Relief Society...
Sunday our Relief Society presidency was released. Betty, Angela, Michelle and I served together for 2 years and it was great. About 7 years earlier I also served with Betty as one of her counselors in the Primary...I love Betty. I've learned so much from her over the years. She is always optimistic and happy and so compassionate. Just recently her husband was diagnosed with cancer, pretty much throughout his body and brain. Betty and Dave are optimistic he will survive and even thrive, but doctors aren't giving him much of a chance. How strange that all is well one day and then the next your world is turned upside down...they are faithful people. Then, last week Betty went in for double knee surgery. Garrett and I visited her at the rehab center and she was her normal self, just going around making sure everyone else in that place was happy and cared for. She is an amazing lady!