Yesterday at church, as Brother Francis finished his testimony, I leaned over to Ashlyn and asked if she could keep an eye on Wyatt so I could go up and bear my testimony. She turned to me with tears in her eyes and said "But mom, I want to go up." I smiled and said "Go ahead." She bore testimony of the Savior. She spoke about singing the song 'I Know My Redeemer Lives' last week in sacrament meeting and feeling the spirit and really knowing that her Redeemer lives and that He loves her. She said there's one line in that song that really touched her: 'He lives to silence all my fears' then she testified that she knows this is true. My heart swelled. She gave thanks for her famiy and said she was grateful that her parents are teaching her the things that are true and that she knows the scriptures are the word of God. I remember years ago someone asking me what I wished for my children as they grow and I remember saying 'I pray they have a testimony of the Savior,' that above anything else in the world will help them remember where they came from, who they are and who they can become. Ashlyn's testimony was sweet and pure and sacred...I'm so glad she shared it.
Later Garrett and I talked of her testimony and Garrett reminded me that because Brother Kinmont records every sacrament meeting for him to listen to again during the week, we will always have a copy of her sweet testimony for our family history.